ABOUT THE AVENUES SHOPPING MALL
Since it first opened in 2007, The Avenues has continuously developed and enhanced the shopping experience in Kuwait to outstanding levels.
The Avenues has set new benchmarks and standards throughout the industry. The Avenues is considered to be one of the largest malls in the world with more than 800 stores spread over the 7 districts.
The Avenues Concept was inspired by the natural forms of the desert sand dune, rock formation and the sky.
- Renowned international brands.
- Spacious mall areas.
- Over 200 stores, restaurants and cafes.
- 11 screens at Cinescape Cinema area (includes VIP Cinema).
- A home furnishing zone, including international stores, some making their debut in Kuwait for the first time and others which have their only store in Kuwait.
Glass roof made to allow the sun to light up the internal area which gives the feel of outdoor Space.
- International designer brands.
- Over 200 stores.
- Wide variety of restaurants and cafes, family entertainment and play areas.
- First Carrefour Hypermarket in Kuwait.
- A designated specialty Kids zone for clothing stores that houses several international and high-end designer brands.
- For relaxation seekers, the 2nd Avenue also houses two SPAs.
- Largest luxury shopping destination in Kuwait.
- Houses high-end brands, as well as cafes and restaurants that serve the finest international cuisine.
- The district has a 23 meter high dome built to enhance the luxurious feel of the retail outlets it houses such as the first Harvey Nichols in Kuwait, Chanel, Burberry, PRADA, Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior.
- 10 double height stores to give the luxury brands its unique and individual character.
- Wonderful dome in the rotunda that is visible from the first floor drop off and has its own lighting system,
- The unique architectural arches utilize copper colored materials complemented by the ‘Portoro’ stone imported from the mountains of Italy. Prestige embraces the largest quantity of this type of stone to be used in a public area in the world.
- Include a multi-function hall of 640 sq.m. that can accommodate up to 400 guests.
- Walking down the tree-lined Grand Avenue is much like walking down a grand shopping boulevard.
- Architecture of the retail facades are in three styles - European, local and contemporary – and the boulevard is covered with a transparent roof structure reinforcing and enhancing the outdoor atmosphere.
- Over 400 meters in length and approximately 22 meters wide.
- The materials used in the construction of the Grand Avenue are versatile and include stone, brickwork, ceramics, mosaics, metal panels and timber. The streets are paved with stone from different countries of the world – Turkey, Spain, China and Italy – and give architectural character to the district.
- Includes “Galleria” zone, which houses a number of fine dining and international restaurants.
- This is a two-floor extension to the present shopping experience, holding a variety of recognized brands.
- Offers a classic mall environment of an architectural style that is contemporary and modern.
- Includes courtyard plaza that has cafes and restaurants, which enhance the lively atmosphere of the district.
- The district includes the “The Jewellery”, where the design and color of the retail facades reflect the high value of the goods on sale inside.
- A beautiful fountain, which allows visitors to enjoy seating around it.
- KidZania located on the first floor, above the “The Jewellery”, and an entertainment center that provides children and their parents a safe and unique educational environment stretch over an area exceeding 5,000 sq.m.
- Influenced by New York’s bohemian Soho district, SoKu is an acronym for the South of Kuwait. SoKu offers an iconic urban shopping experience that attracts Kuwait’s youth, and the district is perfectly poised to house leading youth brands.
- Edgy, city architecture provides a “street savvy” appeal and a cultural environment that encapsulates everything in up to the minute retailing.
- Tree shaded courtyards provide focal meeting spaces, strategically positioned to further animate the space.
- A specialized zone for sportswear and equipment is located on the first floor, housing the best sports brands, such as, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and Soccer Scene.
- Modeled to mirror a traditional Kuwaiti Souk (market), this district is an interpretation of this region’s traditional retail architecture.
- Designed to replicate the characteristic of the Souk environment, including narrow streets.
- Shoppers will find all the traditional and unique items that they seek, and can extend their visit to the Souk by spending some time at the cafes and restaurants that offer the best Kuwaiti cuisine.
- The Souk reflects the active daily lives of Kuwaitis in the past.
- A traditional environment, with design features that utilize the maze layout, vistas that open up unexpectedly the sounds of small fountains and the presence of light and shadows on the walls.